Great American Campout
Great American Campout
Overnight Campout at Central Park
New Date: Friday, July 13-Saturday, July 14, 2018
Time: Beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday, July 13 to Noon on Saturday, July 14, 2018
Join the Park Forest Recreation & Parks Advisory Board and Recreation & Parks Department
in celebrating the National Wildlife Federation’s Great American Campout!
Great American Campout Flyer
The 14th annual Great American Campout is a nationwide event that connects people with the great outdoors. Whether this is your first camping experience or you and your family are seasoned campers, this event is a great way for friends, families, and children to connect with nature, sleep under the stars and create memories of outdoor experiences. Learn more about the National Wildlife Federation’s Great American Campout at www.nwf.org/Great-American-Campout.
- Set-up begins at 4:00 pm on Friday, July 13th. Park in the Aqua Center parking lot near the north bridge.
- Saturday activities include a nature craft with the Thorn Creek Naturalist as well as practicing useful skills such as
camping first aid, useful camping knots and rope work with Fire Chief Natyshok and Park Forest Paramedics and
compass and map reading skills with Recreation & Parks staff.
- Firewood, charcoal for cooking and supplies for activities will be provided. Families will need to supply tent,
sleeping gear, eating utensils, food, and personal kit. A limited number of tents are available to rent for $10.00 each.
- This is a dog friendly event. Dogs must be friendly, current on shots, picked up after and leashed in camping area.
- Registration deadline: Friday, July 6, 2018. Children under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian camping with them.
For more information contact Rob Gunther at 708-748-2005.
Date/Time: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 4 pm until 12:00 noon - Saturday, July 14 2018
Location: Set-up begins at 4 pm on Friday, July 13th at Central Park, Park Forest, IL (Lakewood & Orchard).
Park vehicles at the Aqua Center parking lot near the north bridge.
Program # 24202-01 for ages 4 years and older - $5.00 per person for ages 4 years and older.
Program # 24202-02 for children 0-3 years old - Free for children 0-3 years old.
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 6, 2018. Registration Required. Children under the age of 18 must have
parent or guardian camping with them.
Three Ways to Register:
- Register at Park Forest Recreation & Parks Department, 350 Victory Dr., Park Forest, IL (Village Hall)
- Register by phone with a credit card at 708-748-2005.
- Online Registration available at: https://apm.activecommunities.com/vopf