- Hits: 3650
Contact the Market Manager for additional information. (708)748-1118
May 4, 2013to October 26, 2013
7:00a.m. until Noon
Google address is 271 Lakewood Blvd, Park Forest,IL60466
Link/SNAP*Credit Card * Senior &WIC Nutrition Coupons
271 Lakewood Blvd., Park Forest, Illinois 60466 (708) 748-1118
The Village of Park Forest Farmers' Market is held each Saturday from May through October. Market hours are from 7 AM until noon. Directions to Farmers Market
There is a wide selection of fruits, vegetables, and garden plants. Other famous community events the Park Forest Art Fair in late September.
The Village of Park Forest, Illinois has sponsored a Farmers' Market since 1973. Growers from Illinois, Indiana and Michigan participate in the open air event each Saturday morning from May through October.
This market offers a mutual benefit to the community and to the vendors. We accept WIC coupons since 1999. We were selected for the pilot program for Senior Nutrition coupons in 2001. We encourage community groups to conduct bake sales and demonstrations at the Market location. We sponsor nutrition programs at Village Hall during Market hours.
- Gift certificates for purchases at the Market are available in $5.00 denominations.
14 Reasons Why We Have A Farmer's Market in Park Forest
- Fresh produce, locally grown and just picked, organic produce, cheese and bakery.
- Obtain gardening help and tips.
- Bedding plants and perennials specific to our area.
- Get to know the farmers, people who grow our food.
- Share information with plant experts.
- Conserve local farmland by making it productive.
- Responsive to local requests for produce.
- Learn about produce, cooking recommendations.
- Gathering place, meet neighbors, look over downtown.
- Civic groups conduct fundraisers, get to know them.
- Convenient downtown location and up-close parking.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Fun to shop outdoors in whatever weather.
- Dependable, rain or shine, every Saturday, May until October.
From 294: Take 294 to the exit for I-80 (near the exit for 159th Street). Take I-80 west to I-57 (Memphis, a left hand exit). Exit from I-57 onto Lincoln Highway East. Take Lincoln Highway to Orchard Drive, turn right. Continue on Orchard to Lakewood Boulevard, turn left. The Farmers' Market will be in
the Eagle Movie Theater parking lot (across from the Park Forest Police Department).
From 394: Take 394 to Sauk Trail, go west on Sauk Trail. Continue on Sauk Trail through South Chicago Heights and the Forest Preserve. You will enter Park Forest at Western Avenue and Sauk Trail. Continue on Sauk Trail to Orchard Drive, turn right. Proceed on Orchard to the corner of Orchard and Indianwood. Make a left on Indianwood to Lakewood Boulevard, turn right. Proceed on Lakewood. The Farmers' Market will be in the Eagle Movie Theater parking lot (across from the Park Forest
From Chicago: Take the Dan Ryan to I-57 toward Memphis. Exit from I-57 onto Lincoln Highway East. Take Lincoln Highway to Orchard Drive, turn right. Continue on Orchard to Lakewood Boulevard, turn left. Proceed on Lakewood. The Farmers' Market will be in the Eagle Movie Theater parking lot (across from the Park Forest Police Department).