- Hits: 3945
Sometimes people need help with personal medicines or procedures. Insurance does not pay for “convenience or custodial services” Here are examples from our current clients.
- “I have a big bandage in the middle of my back that needs changing daily. I live alone and cannot reach the middle of my back!”
- “My mom lives in your town. She lives alone now and her vision is not very good. She needs a nurse to organize her medicines each week.”
- “I need a shot each month and I won’t give it to myself.”
The Health Department office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. We provide skilled and professional services for the lowest possible fee.
The Health Department believes that it is in the best interest of a healthy community to assist residents of Park Forest and neighboring towns with unmet health care needs.
These are our fees as of August 2011.We prefer a cash payment at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made.
* Blood Pressure Monitoring - No fee
* Dressing change - your own supplies
* Blood draw - cost of lab test is additional
* Injection - your own medication
* Health consultation - No fee
* We also LOVE to do adult and child immunization, school physicals and adult health screening, all low cost.
* Call us for information at 748-1118
The Park Forest Health Department was enacted by municipal resolution in 1952. The Department was created to address the community health problems of a young village with lots of children. Over time, services were added and deleted based upon community needs.
Since 1968, Park Forest Health Department has had a licensed home health agency. Nurses Plus Home Healthcare responds to the needs of homebound patients. We offer skilled nursing, home health aide services, physical-occupational-speech therapies. The “plus” is the added benefit of stability and compassionate caring.
Village Nurse Services are organized to address unmet needs for local folks at home. We also provide office visits. We provide services that insurance and Medicare will usually not cover for the lowest possible fee. We believe these are essential services aimed at making treatment, recovery and independence easier for the client and the family. Please call for information about how we can help.